Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Conn. Supreme Court: State Law Violates U.S. Second Amendment
- Two Years Later, A Movement of Kindness in Newtown
- The haunted "Annabelle" doll of horror movies is real - and she's in Connecticut
- Obama's Wide-Ranging, Year-End News Conference
- Klarides: Conn. Employers Will Pay Highest Unemployment Tax In Country
Karen has covered state government and politics for New York State Public Radio, a network of 10 New York and Connecticut stations, since 1990. She is also a regular contributor to the statewide public television program about New York State government, New York Now. She appears on the reporter’s roundtable segment, and interviews newsmakers.
Karen previously worked for WINS Radio, New York, and has written for numerous publications, including Adirondack Life and the Albany newsweekly Metroland.
She is a past recipient of the prestigious Walter T. Brown Memorial award for excellence in journalism, from the Legislative Correspondents Association, and was named Media Person of the Year for 2009 by the Women’s Press Club of New York State.
Karen is a graduate of the State University of New York at Geneseo.