Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Commentary: The indispensability of writers forgotten in Amazon-Hachette battle
- Twenty-five of President Obama's Young African Leaders study at Yale this summer
- Controversy in Rowayton, Conn. divides community
- New medical demands from patients with congenital heart defects
- LI hedge fund dodged $6B in taxes
Tom has been with WSHU since 1987, after spending 15 years at college and commercial radio and television stations. After a short stint as classical music announcer, he was given the task of rebuilding and expanding the news department. Under his direction, the news staff began a tradition of award-winning coverage. Tom has won several Associated Press awards for his own feature reporting, too. He became Program Director in 1999, and has been local host of NPR’s Morning Edition since 2000.