Most Active Stories
- Twenty-five of President Obama's Young African Leaders study at Yale this summer
- Commentary: The indispensability of writers forgotten in Amazon-Hachette battle
- New medical demands from patients with congenital heart defects
- LI hedge fund dodged $6B in taxes
- Stamford schools look at racially disproportionate use of discipline
Complaints over sniper techniques
Mon January 20, 2014
Hunters consider legal action over deer kill
Farmers and some towns on the East End of Long Island have hired federal sharpshooters from the U.S. Department of Agriculture this winter to kill thousands of deer as a population control measure. Hunters have voiced discontent with the program and are weighing legal action.
Most Obamacare enrollees are over 45
Property Tax Rebate called "insignifigant"
Second federal lawsuit pending
Gun spike still a problem
30 years of leaky fuel tanks