Most Active Stories
- Former President Jimmy Carter Wants US Colleges To Expel Students Found Guilty Of Rape
- Debt Collectors Praise New Regulation In NY
- The haunted "Annabelle" doll of horror movies is real - and she's in Connecticut
- Not The Life And Soul Of The Party
- In New Haven, Conn., Hundreds Join National Protest Against Police Killings Of Unarmed Black Men
Himes raises the most money
Tue July 29, 2014
Members of Conn's Congressional delegation raise much more money than their opponents
Of the five members of Connecticut’s Congressional delegation, Representative Jim Himes has raised the most money so far in this year’s election cycle. Representative Rosa DeLauro has raised the least. That's according to Open Secrets, a website that tracks money in politics.
On Long Island, Democrat Tim Bishop, the First District incumbent has raised $1.8 million dollars. That’s more than double what his Republican opponent Lee Zeldin has raised. Third District Representative Steve Israel, who chairs the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, has raised more than $3 million. His Republican opponents have raised barely $100,000. In the Second Congressional District, veteran Republican Peter King has raised $881,000. His opponents have raised nothing.
Grants continue early childhood programs
Bill would support efficiency, clean energy
Ex-Im Bank charter set to expire in September