Most Active Stories
- Former President Jimmy Carter Wants US Colleges To Expel Students Found Guilty Of Rape
- Debt Collectors Praise New Regulation In NY
- The haunted "Annabelle" doll of horror movies is real - and she's in Connecticut
- Not The Life And Soul Of The Party
- In New Haven, Conn., Hundreds Join National Protest Against Police Killings Of Unarmed Black Men
Music in Our Schools
Fri May 23, 2014
"Once, the Musical" Broadway ticket drawing
Music educators, we applaud you!
In appreciation of the important work you do, WSHU Public Radio would like to say “thank you” with a very special drawing open to all elementary, middle, and high school music teachers.
40 FIRST PRIZES: 40 teachers will each win a pair of tickets to see Once, the Musical on Broadway. (July and August 2014 dates only and tickets are non-exchangeable)
40 SECOND PRIZES: 40 teachers will each receive the Broadway cast recording on CD.
From the very first note, Once the Musical draws you in and never lets go. This emotionally captivating musical is the only show on Broadway to have music that won the Academy Award®, Grammy Award®, Olivier Award and Tony Award®. The New York Post says, this “gem of a show wins its standing ovations the old-fashioned way: with a love story, great songs, compelling characters and inventive stagecraft.”
Set in modern day Dublin, Once is the story of a Guy who gave up on his music—and his love—and the Girl who inspired him to dream again. This exhilarating musical is performed by an extraordinary cast of actor-musicians who sing, dance and play their hearts out on stage. Directed and choreographed by the brilliant team of Tony Award-winner John Tiffany and Steven Hoggett (The Glass Menagerie), this theatrically breathtaking production will dazzle you with its originality, wit and unforgettable music.
Featuring all of the magical songs from the critically-acclaimed film, including the Oscar-winning “Falling Slowly,” this achingly beautiful, joyously uplifting show strikes an unforgettable chord in audiences and speaks to the power of music to connect us all. A show like that only comes around Once.
HOW TO ENTER THE DRAWING:
While we at WSHU are dedicated to broadcasting quality music, we’re also interested in rewarding the important work you do in music education. So if you’re an elementary, middle or high school music educator, we invite you to enter our drawing online.
- Entries must be received by June 13, 2014
- Drawing open to elementary, middle and high school music educators only
- Only one entry per school
- Entries online only.
- Tickets are non-exchangeable.
- Tickets will be mailed to the winners. Please provide a mailing address on the entry form where you would like tickets or CD mailed after June 20th.
- There is no cost to enter
- This is a random drawing, and the decision of WSHU is final
- Employees of WSHU are ineligible
Good luck! For show information visit: http://www.oncemusical.com/
Sponsored by The Drama League