PROFILES IN FOLK |
With host Steve Winters
First broadcast September 7, 2001
Live In WSHU’s Studio A: Kevin Briody
10 p.m. to Midnight Host: Steve Winters
Connecticut singer-songwriter Kevin Briody, a two-time finalist at the Kerrville New Folk Contest, pays a return visit to Profiles in Folk and brings along a copy of his brand new album, Familiar. We spent the first hour talking about his songwriting, his family and the upswing in his young performing career. The new album has a strong family focus and even includes a cut with his father, a Dixieland musician, playing trombone. Kevin will be opening the next night for John Gorka and Brooks Williams at ZooFolk in Bridgeport.
The second hour featured recorded selections from David Massengill, Bill Staines and Kevin Burke, all three of whom are appearing in the area as the fall coffeehouse season opens.
Our thanks once again to Paul Litwinovich, WSHU’s chief engineer and Webmaster, for engineering the show.
Kevin Briody Live In Studio A
Live: “The Big Picture”
Live: “You Push And I’ll Pull”
CD: “Just Like That” (with his father on trombone)
Live: “The Parade”
Live: “When No One’s Watching”
To Reach Kevin Briody:www.kevinbriody.com
- Artist, "Title", Album, Label
- David Massengill, “A Bohemian Discovers His Ego”, “My Name Joe”, “The Governor’s Day Parade”, “Number One In America”, Special promo disc, self-produced
- Bill Staines, “Missouri Road Song”, “The Roseville Fair”, The Whistle Of The Jay, Folk-Legacy
- Bill Staines, “Alkali”, Just Play One Tune More, Folk-Legacy
- Bill Staines, “River”, The Whistle Of The Jay, Folk-Legacy
- Kevin Burke, “The King Of The Fairies”, Sweeney’s Dream, Smithsonian/Folkways
Warning: include(/export/home/www/wshu/includes/footer2.inc) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /export/home/www/wshu/profiles/2001/pr010907.php on line 53
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/export/home/www/wshu/includes/footer2.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/coolstack/php5/lib/php') in /export/home/www/wshu/profiles/2001/pr010907.php on line 53