What is the Local News Initiative Fund?
WSHU is a not-for-profit public service radio station that strives to bring you the regional news that affects your life directly every day. Our goal is to help you learn something new about your world and understand why it happened. That's why we keep a close watch on the state legislation, regional elections, regional business, current events and cultural happenings that impact the way you work and play. And, with your help, we can enhance and expand the in-depth coverage you expect from WSHU.
Find out how your company or foundation can support WSHU's Local News Initiative Fund by calling 203-365-6604. You can help as an individual by making an additional gift to the Local News Initiative Fund. Your gift will allow us to make significant investments in the personnel, equipment and information resources necessary to apply the same thorough, unbiased treatment that NPR gives national and world news to regional issues, both on the WSHU Public Radio Group frequencies and on-line at www.wshu.org.
Who is supporting the Local News Initiative Fund?
The following individuals, companies, and foundations are currently sponsoring this initiative:
- The Law Firm of Cohen and Wolf
- Dan and Rebecca Baker of Trumbull, CT
- Esana Plastic Surgery Center and Medspa
- Edgard and Geraldine Feder Foundation, Inc.
- William Casper Graustein Memorial Fund
- The Huisking Foundation
- Cindy Knuth of Fairfield, CT
- Dr. Michael Lustick and Dr. Barbara Rickler
- Mashantucket Pequot Museum
- Netherby Wealth Management Solutions
- Orthopaedic and Neurosurgery Specialists
- Outdoor Sports Center
- Peapod by Stop and Shop
- Purkiss Capital Advisors of Ridgefield
- Faxon Law Group
- Tom of Shelter Island
- Zeldes Needle and Cooper