Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- FEMA Will Reopen Up To 15,000 Sandy Claims
- Lawsuit: Insurance Company Didn't Pay Sales Tax On Superstorm Sandy Claims
- The haunted "Annabelle" doll of horror movies is real - and she's in Connecticut
- FEMA Increases Oversight Over Flood Insurers
- Saved From Smugglers, 22 Baby Turtles Get A New Home in Stamford
Born in Madison, Wisconsin, Kate Remington received a degree in piano performance and mass communication from the University of Wisconsin. Her first radio position was with Wisconsin Public Radio, which included a wildly successful request program on Saturday mornings. She then moved to Chicago to join the fledgling nationally-distributed, Beethoven Satellite Network, originating from WFMT. Then Kate set out for Vermont Public Radio, to become the chief announcer there. In Vermont Kate met her husband, Dick Roberts, and that's where their son, Sam was born. Kate and her family relocated to Fairfield to join WSHU in December of 2000, and she's been WSHU's Music Director since 2002.
When she's not on the air, Kate can usually be found at a stable in Monroe, CT, where she trains her horse, Tonka, in dressage.